Friday, January 30, 2009

This Time the Light's at the Beginning

I don't want to jinx myself, but I've got a really good feeling about this semester. I have an apartment I love that I don't have to move from for another 18 months, I am teaching a class I love to teach, my classes are both very very demanding and incredibly interesting, giving me the focus and challenge I need, I'm reconnecting with friends I thought were lost, and I'm crazy in love.

Oh, also I'm probably getting a cat, which I've wanted for years. And I have a sweet side job. And I'm going to see the Marauders in like 6 weeks. And I have a standing mixer. And about 13 more new episodes of Lost on the way.

It's not a bad setup. I'll definitely take it. The last few month have been rough, but suddenly...I feel much brighter about the future.* Even if that glow fades, it's still a nice way to reenter my life.

My life. This is my life now. And you know...I'm pretty happy about that.




* - Except for my incomplete in Caroline's class. Whenever I think about it, it's like a dark cloud over my happy singing world, like in that one really old Disney cartoon. I should probably take care of that before I ruin my career over it, huh?

...whatever. My life is still none too shabby - threatening unfinished paper on abolitionist poetry and all.

No comments: