Saturday, February 2, 2008

Alone in London

I'm listening to "Alone in Kyoto." I've liked this song for years, but now it has one of the strongest associations of any song I know. Each time I hear it I'm transported back to London, that evening I walked around the city by myself holding my old leather bag and taking it in. I most particularly see this one spot...near the Thames path but not quite on it, a bit past the Tate Modern. It was dark but everything was kind of...glowing. And I just listened to the song over and over again and felt...I felt like I was on the verge of my life, and I also felt incredibly composed inside. Which, considering the circumstances, is kind of remarkable.

That hour or so, walking through London in the dark after leaving the museum, is one of the best memories I have of last year. Because it's all mine - no one else can claim to have made it too. I was alone, but that's the very thing that made it beautiful.

...and now, after that little interlude, back to Shakespeare. Expect an update sometime soon about my most bizarre dream in awhile, a la Jim and Jamie. It's so hard to choose...my dream life is like Burton meets Gilliam meets The Hills. With some Eli Roth on special occasions.

No comments: