Sunday, May 11, 2008

There's a reason I wasn't a Drama major

And so it continues.

Today wasn't too bad. I slept later than I have in I don't know how long, and I probably would have slept even longer still except Marshelle called and asked to use my internet. So I dragged myself up and out to the gym, then over to Barriques where I worked on Caroline's paper for awhile. The paper is going alright, I guess...I keep forgetting about bits and pieces of my topic and then loudly touting them as I remember to make up for it. Not ideal. 

I was in a weird mood all day, kind of anxious and agitated and upset, but it helped to work with Marshelle and Kristiane there. I got a reasonable amount done, and I think I'm on track to finish as I'd planned. 

In the evening, I headed out to an audition for an a cappella group. I had seen the ad and thought vaguely about trying out, but then I went to Kevin's quartet performance and it really made me think about how nice it would be to have something musical in my life again. So I went, and I think it went pretty well. They have a lot of people auditioning so who knows, but I'm happy with how well I managed to sing and learn a part since I haven't done anything remotely organized in that line for two years.

Damn. College is receding behind me at an alarming rate.

Now, time for cookies and Lost with Andy. Last night when I came home from Maduros I had an overwhelming urge to make (and eat, admittedly) cookie dough, so I did, and also was sober enough to roll it all into cookies and freeze them, so now I have 24 frozen balls of dough ready to be made into cookies. Well 16...I made us 8 for tonight. :-)

Oh summer. Please arrive.

1 comment:

Dubs said...

Good luck with the a cappella! What's the name of the group? And what did you sing for your audition?