Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Takes Shape

Not quite the shape I'd expected, and in need of a few tweaks (Ben's presence does have downsides...), but still pretty good. Both jobs have lows in addition to highs, but I like them both a lot. Getting up at 7:30 is rough, I can't deny it, and cocktailing stretches my comfort zone sometimes, but I like them both a lot in different ways...they speak to different parts of me, which is nice. And Ben being here is just awesome.

But I'm growing again. That annoying, nagging mental process where another 2% of your brain comes to life and reveals something new about your life. It's sometimes wonderful, sometimes terrifying, always awesome in the literal sense of the word. It makes me want to cry, to laugh, to walk, to wonder, to hide, and to write...most of all to write, although I haven't yet. Soon, I hope.

Also...I got into the a cappella group I tried out for! It's been a long process, but I finally got through it, and they asked me to join. I'm really excited...it's the kind of thing I should have sought out long go, and now that I have I can tell I'm going to love it. As I've said before, nothing can be Dime, but...it's a way of putting something of myself out there that I've been lacking, and a way of being worth more than either what I can say or what I can write. Also, everyone in it seems cool as hell.

Things I miss: Lost, Becca S, Bethany, my family, high school vision, Dime, winter trips, Beauty, France, New England, J&T, my childhood

Things I'm thrilled to have: my jobs, my brother, new strength (weights etc!), John Irving novels, my Company Store blanket, my blue purse, Tom's plans to visit, stamina for running, perspective - no matter how flawed, my car, 

Neither list complete. Also, summer will not be long enough. I've become sure of it.

No comments: