Sunday, August 24, 2008

This was a good night

Right now I am drinking a toast to myself with the last of the champagne Marshelle and I shared today. The reason for the celebration is that I realized tonight, after coming home late from an after-closing drink, that I had a really really amazing summer. And one of the ways I know it was really the best is that I'm so excited for school to start. I love my job and I had a blast the past three months, but I'm so ready to get back into the swing of the department and see what it will be like to have that and my work life too.

I'm sure this feeling of total contentment won't last much beyond the first time I have to grade papers, read Balzac and work at the Ring all in the same night, but I'm running with it while I can. I let things unfold organically this summer, and damn if it didn't pay off. In spades.

No comments: