Friday, June 12, 2009

My Little Sister Graduates

Wow.

She's so...old. I'm sure this sounds cliche, but...it's just the last in a series of events that make me see that my sister is in charge of her own life, is grown-up. She looked so pretty tonight (though I could barely see her from my seat), and I'm so happy for her. The summer after I graduated was one of the most memorable of my life. I hope the same for her.

I don't talk enough about my sister. It always pains me when I mention her and people say "I didn't know you had a sister!" Kat is really wonderful. Since a young age she's been more comfortable with and aware of who she is, and while she's been prone to her share of poor decisions, she's remarkably bold and lively. As someone who appeared outgoing but was really very timid in many ways at that age, I'm constantly amazed by her. She's a great friend, loyal and supportive, and a great sister. She's her own self. She's never tried to be like Ben or me, or actively not like Ben or me. She's Kat, for better or worse, and she knows it, and she's awesome.

Andddddd...she's coming to Madison in August! I bought her a trip out there for graduation, and I'm really excited to have so much time to hang out. Kitten and I have never really had much time just she and I, and it will be a nice change. Plus, it's cake to find places that don't card, so can buy her her first (American) beer).

Congratulations, Katherine. Your older sister thinks you're a remarkable person, is proud of you, and loves you very much.



(PS - It's humid as BALLS here. Ugh.)

No comments: