Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Not Enough Dull Moments

So school had started.

It's off to a decent start, actually. My classes seem interesting, for the most part - or at least, where they're not interesting I feel well able to ignore them. I've come back from summer with a mysterious but kind of awesome new interest/comprehension of theory and dense criticism. Not a perfect one by any stretch, or even a very good one. But a dramatic leap from where I was. It's such a nice feeling, when you feel yourself make progress at something you aren't good at. It's like a magic sign to keep doing what I'm doing, that sticking around is the right choice.

I've yet to teach, so no news there. I'll report back sometime after Monday. I'm starting with possibly my favorite book of all time, The Age of Innocence, which is both cool and kind of frightening.

I should be in bed right now since I've got to get up tomorrow morning for various things, but I'm mysteriously awake. So I've got the extras from the the UK version of The Office on, and I'm writing this aimless update. I suppose I could be doing my reading for Writing Center training tomorrow, but I'm all usefulled out for the day. Besides, why read about how to be good at my job when I could alternate between watching Polo try to balance on a chair top approximately 1/8 of his width and enjoying the antics of Ricky Gervais? After all, I can only watch these when Andy's gone, as he hates them. Got to grab these moments when I can.

...I have no idea what I'm even typing. I need to go to bed.

No comments: