Monday, December 14, 2009

And I thought I'd be done by now. Silly Becca, unrealistic dreams are for undergrads!

I'm losing steam. I still have to finish Russ's paper - by tomorrow evening at the latest. I have to do some major work on my proposal for Deb. I have to grade 35 papers.

Sigh. Oh well, things aren't nearly as dire as they were a few days ago, when I had 6 hours to write a presentation (which I thought was 20 minutes but was in fact 12, a misconception that actually proved useful), then 8 hours to write my entire proposal draft (didn't happen, clearly), and finally 4 hours to write a conference-length paper (admittedly from a very thorough outline, but still a grave, grave miscalculation on my part). I suppose it could have been worse - at least these 18 hours weren't consecutive.

If only there wasn't so much enjoyable stuff I wanted to do in the next few days - dinner with various friends, shopping on State Street, Christmas movies...the fact that I have to work a writing center shift tomorrow night also does not help. Though let's be honest, the time would have been eaten by the holiday party anyhow.

No comments: