Friday, June 18, 2010

Oh My GOD

How did I forget how much I hate bugs? Holy God, I hate them. It's my most irrational and childish fear, but I've never been able to shake it. I actually have made more progress with spiders than with bugs; I can handle spiders (up to a certain size) now, but oh man....

Five minutes ago I found an earwig ON MY PERSON in my apartment. And I'm still *freaking out*. Like, legitimately and actually unable to relax because I am now terrified there will be another one.

I need to get ahold of myself and nip this in the bud, because when my fear of bugs gets out of hand, it's baaaaad. When I was about 5 I wouldn't eat any food I couldn't clearly see all of (in case it contained bugs) or drink from opaque cups, or drink any opaque liquid. Because of bugs. In college I had a bug freakout and couldn't sleep for like 4 days because a bug might crawl on me. It's *so* stupid, and I'm try- [pauses to slap head and examine a phantom itch for signs of bugs] - trying to tell myself that logically, 99.9% of bugs liable to turn up in my apt are harmless and at worst going to give me a little sting like a mosquito (they don't bother me for some reason). But...God I hate them.

Anyhow. If anyone has tips for keeping bugs out of my apartment, send them my way. Please. For my sanity's sake. I'm going to do a little Googling, but if I read too much about it (especially earwigs, which are THE WORST AND MOST HORRIFYING bugs ever) I will probably not be able to eat, sleep or exist in my apartment ever again.

*deep breath* It's fine. You're fine. You've only ever seen one here, the place is super-clean, relax. Please.

1 comment:

Bix said...

Relax m'dear, you already have the most effective possible bug killers -- kitty cats! So if they aren't doing their job, show them a buggy and tell them to eat them and reward them when they do.