Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm seeing more spinning wheel than cursor over here

My new computer cannot get here fast enough. Ever since I ordered it in the wee hours Friday night it's like a veil has been lifted from my eyes and I see that life with my current one is and has been for months now like being nearsighted but never having had glasses: you have a vague idea things aren't working quite as well as they could be, but can continue to live with it because you don't really realize just how shit things are.

Right now I'm like a nearsighted person who's been to the doctor and looked through the proper set of lenses in that flippy-lens machine/mask thing, but is still waiting for her glasses to arrive. The scales have fallen from my eyes (oh mixing metaphors) and man - my computer is *awful.* SO slow, SO loud, SO prone to rebooting itself one out of every 5 times I close it.

No comments: