Sunday, July 31, 2011

May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor!

So as someone who recently read all three Hunger Games novels back-to-back (during that whole "family crisis that really makes reading for prelims tough" period of the summer), I have to say that the casting report, as listed on Wiki, seems pretty amazing - down to Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket. And I can't believe I'm even saying this, since I actually didn't think the books were that good outside the raw concept and some innovative details and in fact that they suffer from a distinct lack of sexuality in terms of their ability to connect with the teenage experience (now where was I? oh yeah), but I kind of can't wait to see who they cast as Finnick Odair - the sexy, trident-wielding, fetish-for-madness, 24-year-old victor who looms large in books 2 and 3. And I'm a bit ashamed of myself for it, needless to say.

Also - I'm still torn between embracing and hating Jennifer Lawrence. On the one hand, she's taken some bold roles and so far seems to be doing her best to steer clear of the overt objectification so many Hollywood starlets her age fall into. On the other - bitch is 20 YEARS OLD. How dare she?!?!

No comments: