Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Random Thought from a Hot and Sticky Writing Day

You know, I love Blink 182's "I Miss You." I did the first time I heard it years ago at AU and I still do. I find it heart-wrenching, actually - which seems like the last phrase you'd use to describe a Blink song, especially from a 2011 vantage point, but it's true nonetheless. It's so starkly emotional, so straightforward, with the contrast between the deeper mellowed first verse and the more Blink-ish rasp of those following...

I don't know. It gets me. It feels so sad. Hopeless before she even hears it.

----

In news closely enough related I decided to append it here rather than devoting another tiny post to it - I've decided to add "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" by Neutral Milk Hotel to my list of all-time favorite songs.

No comments: