Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Also...

I can't believe Heath Ledger is dead. 

I have no claim to actual pain at his death, since all I ever did was watch a few of his movies, fantasize after him in Ten Things, and gobble up stills of him as the Joker. But, weirdly, I actually feel something at the news of his death. Which surprised me. He's essentially a stranger, after all. But...maybe it's because the Dark Knight is so close to my heart, but I actually felt something when I found out. And the surprise at that feeling just amplifies it.

Rest in Peace, Heath. I hope what they needed from you in post-production wasn't enough to compromise the film. And I hope you were man enough to leave a note for your daughter.

2 comments:

mimo-chan said...

no note as it seems. but is it confirmed as suicide yet?

mimo-chan said...

we should watch candy sometime. also, the dark knight looks pretty goddamn awesome.