Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Something random this way comes...

Today was a weird day of classes. I'm not sure if it made me more or less excited to finish with classes, but as both my seminars today were essentially circuses, it's got to be one or the other.

Seminar one - argument over whether or not a reading is offensive (rapidly becoming my favorite seminar spectacle), a Madonna video, and the ensuing inevitable sexually-tinted discussion thereof.

Seminar two - no-holds-barred discussion/bitchfest about academic discourse and its conventions, many references to wizards/gatekeepers, and several counts of severe honesty on my part concerning the academy. Also a general sense of class goodwill.

...yeah. I've noticed before that going from seminar one to seminar two is an interesting juxtaposition of classroom styles, so I guess today was the "what does a particularly exaggerated form of each class look like?" day.

I can only imagine next week.

No comments: