Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Baby Steps, Baby Steps...

So I am writing my presentation for Comp, and I am now writing a discussion prompt about his claim that "reason vs madness" is one of the three external limiting factors of discourse. And I was thinking about how fun (seriously) I found that passage because madness is such an interesting topic to come across in a theoretical article, and how neat the few passages I read last month from "Madness and Civilization" were. And then I actually felt a strong desire to read the whole book over Christmas break.

*That's* a first.

Almost ready to depart on Friday. Got to buy a bus ticket and pack, and remember to bring my hairdryer home from the gym. But otherwise...I'm ready. This trip is going to be fantastic. I can't wait to see the new bar in the Waugh room, or just to see T&J's faces. I know everyone is sick of hearing me gush about this trip, but the fact is, if Jamie and Tom were both at school in like, Alabama, I'd still be gushing about going to visit. Oxford's just the icing on the cake.

And my MBD paper is coming along great! Life's not so bad. Even if Bakhtin does make my brain hurt.

No comments: