Friday, November 30, 2007

Nice Work If You Can Get It

Back in Memorial in my preferred study carrel. Someday I'm going to show up here and it will be occupied, which will really annoy me. I'm chugging along with Festa; while I suspect much of what I dashed off today will need revision to A) line up properly with my thesis and B) avoid constantly repeating itself, I feel like I've finally broken through with this paper. I know what I'm trying to say, and I really do see the text doing the things I am claiming it does. By the time I finish with the bathhouse scene I'll easily have ten pages; after I read the scene where she puts on the costume I'll be at twelve. I'll probably pause there and do a bunch of editing before choosing which scene to finish it off with.

Man this entry is boring reading. I had something specific to write but it's gone. Today's been good; I went to the gym first thing, and while I can tell I'm getting a bit bored, I still got a good workout in. Then I came here and have been here ever since...about 5 hours. I'm hoping to stay three more, see where I'm at and then go home for dinner. There's been talk of seeing a movie, which appeals to me, but if not I'll do work-study things and go to bed early. I'm thinking of trying to come in to campus before the snow starts (which is looking like around 9) for a full day cocooned up here, but then A) I have to get home somehow in 6 inches of ice and snow and B)...I guess just A. I don't want to stay at home though, and I definitely don't want to be in Thieves all day. We'll see, I guess. Probably I will come in and just cross my fingers.

Today's been good for other reasons too. I love my sister lots, which is good, and I'm still glowing happily from the fun I had last night. And an (admittedly ridiculous) anxiety I've been nursing for a week now has been more or less put to rest, which is always nice.

Alright, back to explaining why Lady Mary creepily wishes that there was an invisible Englishman inside the bathhouse leering at naked women. Peace.

No comments: