Wednesday, November 28, 2007

'Tis the Season

I said "Merry Christmas" for the first time this year today, to the woman ringing the bell outside the State Street Walgreen's. I love Christmas...even if I'm too swamped to revel in it, it's a comforting backdrop to all the insanity.

Today went well, despite my feeling like shit for most of it. I holed up in Memorial for nearly 8 hours, and while I didn't quite make my goal of having three pages of Festa finished before quitting, falling short by half a page, I did come up with a functional (if not yet quite perfect) picture of how the paper will look. I did a ton of freewriting, read a few helpful articles and outlined through probably page 9 quite thoroughly. Now I will go home, eat, and work on work study crap. And maybe skim that book for 723.

I think I can do this. If my meeting with Lynn goes well tomorrow I bet I can finish a full-length draft of this by Sunday night, Monday at the latest. And that would be awesome.

Alright, home. This stomach needs some food.

No comments: