Sunday, July 13, 2008

Coming Up From Behind

Great song.

Right now, I'm drinking a glass of cheap white wine, about to finish getting ready and go over to work to practice some shots. I woke up very late, around 12:45, and walked to the gym, where I had a brief but satisfying workout. (The assisted pullup machine is finally back, so I worked the hell out of my back and triceps. Tomorrow will be interesting.) On the way there I stopped in Ragstock and tried a few shirts on but didn't buy anything. On the way back I talked to my mom on the phone for a long time. Here at home I ate some leftovers from yesterday's MadFusion lunch, chatted with Keith and relaxed. I contemplated the park, but decided against it due to wind factor, and will probably go tomorrow. Last night I waited on a big group of friends from school (I love that I have multiple kinds of friends now!), made reasonable money in the pool room and had a really good time messing around with people after work, both there and at Mark's place. I called a few people. I wrote down a lot of thoughts. I walked myself home at dawn.

I am so, so much happier than I was 8 weeks ago. And of all my summer goals, that was the most important one, even if I didn't word it quite that way in my head. Though time is passing far too quickly, I am beginning to relish the thought of going back to school, of rewriting my current routine to put back in those other things that make me feel like myself - the books, the mental gymnastics needed to understand most theory, the poorly-lit linoleum jungle of HCW.

And I love pool. And I'm going to LA. And Kitten's home. Right now I not only believe that the world is beautiful, but maybe even that my life is too. (Mostly, anyone...if you leave my apartment out of it.)

No comments: