Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Beep

You know how when women get pregnant they crave crazy, terribly unhealthy and sometimes even disgusting foods? Apparently when forced to produce 100 pages of text in three weeks, my brain craves horrible music. Things I haven't been able to get enough of lately (or get out of my head, for that matter) include "Beep" by the Pussycat Dolls, "Me N You" by Cassie, and "Two Become One" by the Spice Girls. To be fair, I'm also digging on Feist and the new Radiohead, but still. Come ON.

In less me-centered news, A) my beloved little brother turned 21 yesterday and B) Tom was accepted to Oriel for next year. Both these events make me 90% happy and 10% sad I'm not around to celebrate them properly (although Tom seems to have celebrated by continuing to write code - oh grad school). Ben's being 21 means we can go to bars together and drink around the house with getting that disappointed stare from our mother. It also begins years of squabbling about who has to drive...or rather, a year of squabbling. Then Kat can do it. Tom's still waiting to hear about his DPhil proposal, but after proofreading it for him (which was made difficult by the fact that I literally didn't understand one word in ten), I'm confident he'll be fine. After all, his proposal is so pretty.

In news that makes me regret not going to school in California, my car is snowed in again. It's not quite as bad as the previous time, but it's still going to take some effort since I *still* haven't gotten around to buying a shovel. At least this time I have an actual snow brush for the car itself and won't be reduced to using a doormat like the last few times.

No comments: