Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Paper to Pen, Spell Out Eliza

What a difference between writing a paper whose topic I chose out of panic and one whose topic I actually put time and work into. The moral is obvious. The last two are split, but the shorter one is the one I didn't find an interesting topic for in time, so hopefully it won't be too bad. I plan on going to see Golden Compass this weekend, both to reward myself for finishing MBD and as "research" for theory.

I love going to the gym. While I know I need to start adding running back into my routine soon, I still love it. I went to an abs class for the first time in weeks yesterday and was reminded that, while doing them myself is all well and good, class is best. So we'll be back tomorrow.

I'm really into music while writing this semester. Sometimes I don't like it, but it's been working really well. It also gives me a chance to dig out old favorites I don't listen to much. I've had this strange urge to share music I love with people lately, so if anyone's down for a mix CD swap I'd be in. I'm in the market for new stuff as well.

And you can bet your ass "Church of John Coltrane" will be on there. It's like, my indie ace-in-the-hole. So indie I don't even know if it's possible to get their CD, let alone how.

I'm looking forward to classes ending; I'm fed up with them getting in the way of my marathon library visits.  I'm also really looking forward to having time to go shopping, despite my continued lack of cash. Call me crazy, but I love the mall at Christmas time, particularly if I don't really *need* to buy anything. It's always decorated festively, there's Christmas music, there's beautiful things everywhere (hey, I'm a little materialistic, sue me), and you're surrounded by people who are buying things for people they love. I like it. Since I usually finish 90% of my shopping November I don't get frazzled, and so I usually manage to avoid the cynicism/blind rage that so often accompany a trip to the mall in December. 

I have been suffering from "tip of the tongue" syndrome ALL day. I couldn't think of the word "geographically" earlier and had to get help from my 16-year-old sister. I've also been using Thesaurus.com an ungodly amount, because my brain simply cannot find the words it wants.

I just came home after 10 hours in Memorial and immediately spent 20 minutes trying to get my car out. I succeeded in clearly the windshields of ice, but not in removing the ice wall surrounding the vehicle itself. That will be tomorrow's task, when I've hunted up a shovel. Teach me not to drive when it snows...good grief.

2 comments:

Billie J. Pilgrim said...

More snow tomorrow!

You and Andy and the mall... you guys are soulmates.

Bix said...

As for St Jude's Infirmary, James (of Edinburgh) saw them play live there (they are from there) and has this crazy plan to get them to play the Octagon. And when I say crazy plan, I mean, I started it.