Monday, December 3, 2007

"I Wish I Had A Million Bucks...Hot Dog!"

I need to hurry up and finish my work so I can watch "It's a Wonderful Life."

Also, I just had the sweetest paper writing experience in a long time. I was finishing up a close reading, and thinking that I really wanted this paper to be done, but I couldn't justify ending with just the passages I'd examined. And then I saw a thread connecting all the readings I'd done that can't be demonstrated in anything I *hadn't* yet discussed, and which will only require like, 20 minutes of editing to incorporate into my thesis and other readings, and which will actually make my argument *better*.

How often does something that makes your paper better also make it shorter? I'm so pleased. Maybe I will be home by ten after all.

2 comments:

mimo-chan said...

i'm confused

a said...

Usually just making my papers shorter is the something that makes them better. Or so professors seem to think.