Sunday, September 9, 2007

I Don't Know Where the Sunbeams End or the Starlight Begins

It's all a mystery.

This was a great weekend.

Friday, to celebrate the end of our first (almost) full week of classes as grad students, we (and by "we" I mean Marshelle, Renee and myself) began drinking at 5pm and didn't go to bed until 5am. Shots were taken, drunken dance lessons were given, frozen pizza was consumed, and plenty of fun was had. Definitely a good night.

Saturday we woke up and went to the Farmer's market, after which I did a little reading at Thieves and attended the Middle Modernity kickoff meeting. Following this, on Renee's advice, I went over to the Flaming Lips show even though it was kinda late to do so, and ended up having one of the best concert experiences of my life. The show was amazing; they do a great job of making it a joy to watch, with great visuals, confetti, dancers in random outfits, huge balloons bouncing all over and general mayhem. Add to this that their music is phenomenal, plus one of the most powerful anti-war statements I've seen, and it was a concert that, more than any other I've been to, made me vow to attend more concerts.

Plus my refund check came! Good news all around. Here's hoping I survive to have another great weekend next week.

No comments: