Monday, September 17, 2007

Shiny Happy MacBooks

So it's already clear what the highlight of my day was.

This computer is so shiny and fast, it blows my other one clean out of the water. I've already used the camera for videochatting with Tom, and provided we can find a time when we're all awake and at computers, it'll be sweet to talk to him and Jamie that way.

...yeah. Other things, too. Bought a DVD player, picking up a TV tomorrow. It'll be nice to have them, for movie nights and such. Hopefully Marissa will chip in an antenna if there's not one built in already, and we'll need to pick up a table or something for it, but that's easily done with a trip to St Vincent's. Marshelle made me fall in love with her all over again last night with several choice comments over our evening together. Renee and I bonded a lot this past week as well, I feel, and the three of us are basically going to be as thick as thieves. (I could make some sort of lame joke here involving the name of the coffee shop we frequent, Company of Thieves, but I'll resist.) I've been trying to snare some of Jessie's free time for awhile as well but she proves elusive...hopefully later this week we can work something out.

Classes are going well. My Holocaust class (for lack of a better description) was a little less comprehesible this week, but that might be because I could NOT wake up. Of all the faults I could have, why does "propensity to fall asleep in class" have to be one of them? It's so annoying. I'm looking forward to talking about Gulliver tomorrow, and - shockingly - I'm looking forward to theory. I was pretty into the articles for this week, so I'm excited to talk about them. And I'm itching to write something, to get that whole "ZOMG first grad paper" feeling out of the way, so I might meet with Morris and start my journal review this week. We'll see.

I just remember I'm meeting with Sarah Guyer at 11:40 tomorrow. Must not forget.

Getting pierced next weekend! Slightly anxious it will look awful, but whatever. I can always take it out. I'm pretty excited...it's stupid (and I regret saying this aloud the other day) but it makes me feel like I'm really in grad school, out of the house. I haven't told Dad and I'm not planning on it; I'm 23 and he can deal with my getting my nose pierced.

Ok, time to continue messing around with the new computer a bit and then sleep.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're getting your nose pierced? And video chats are not for me?

You watch what you say, or I will be forced to kidnap you straight out of school >=(

mimo-chan said...

thick as thieves. hahha.