Friday, September 28, 2007

My Week Pt 1 - Pierced

Well.

It's been a week in the life. I don't know how else to sum it up. It wasn't particularly eventful, but some interesting things did go down.

For starters...Renee and I got pierced on Monday night. It almost didn't happen due to intense amounts of work and the apprentice who was supposed to do us being sick, but we forged ahead and made it happen. It was a fun little adenture. The place was out in Su Prairie, about 15 minutes away, and the front room was basically a huge head shop with crazy black-and-red tiling. We waited about 10 minutes for the dude behind the counter to finish chatting up some girls who looked way too young to be getting pierced or buying pipes, only to find that Doug, who was supposed to pierce us for some incredibly low price due to his apprentice status, was out sick. Hmm. Luckily for us, the normal guy agreed to do us for the same price, which worked out perfectly.

I got my nose pierced, and Renee did her neck (ouch). It went well for both of us, although Renee almost passed out afterwards...crazy endorphins. It was very bonding-experience, and the guy who did us seemed very knowledgeable, which helped Renee's fears about being paralyzed for life when he shoved a needle through her neck. My nose looks cute; although it's already got its major detractors *coughJeffcough*, I like it a lot, and someone actually said to me the next day "haven't you always had your nose pierced?" So I feel like it looks pretty natural. If a tiny diamond stud in a nostril can be deemed natural.

One step closer to resembling my Biblical namesake.

Ok, time to drink wine with Renee...well, more wine. Perhaps more later...but don't hold your breath.

No comments: