Sunday, October 7, 2007

723 Breakthroughs

Wow. I've been working nonstop on reading and just generally brainstorming for my 723 seminar paper, and it's pretty awesome. It's reminding me that I like doing this, that I have real literary interests even if I'm not taking classes in hardly any of them right now, and it's helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel that is this semester. Because I can write this paper. I can. I can probably start writing it this week, provided I judiciously skim (aka ignore some of) my reading for other classes.

And while I'm never going to be a theoretical machine, turns out that stuff gets much more interesting when you are thinking about it in conjunction with the literature itself. Who knew?

1 comment:

mimo-chan said...

that's awesome. i wish i could say the same. my day went something like: scour the kitchen/living room, pack most of my shit and load my car. i've just barely started on my readings for tomorrow, but i feel good about the manageability of my move.