Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's a World of Hopes, It's a World of Fears

It is a fucking small world, after all.

Example A) One of my close friends from college, someone who, though we grew apart in the final year, I was very close to, randomly met Con's best friend from home in NYC and now they hang out all the time.

Example B) I was friended on Facebook today by some dude I had a minor crush on in 7th grade and haven't seen since we left middle school, and he is also friends with a guy I met while I was visiting Jamie at Oxford. Across a fucking ocean.

Example C) my ex-boyfriend Jeff's roommate's cousin is a contestant on Top Chef. I was in the act of watching Top Chef when he told me this.

I can't tell whether to revel in the benevolent aura holding us all together or be fucking creeped out as shit.

2 comments:

Bix said...

Wait, who does this person know? And how?

jnwhiteh said...

Don't forget XKCD sitting around and writing comics about the things we say and do on a daily basis. Creepy!