Tuesday, April 8, 2008

We're a Capra Film With The Last Scene Missing

I don't care what you say, Andy, "Church of John Coltrane" is an awesome song. For that line alone!

Working. Today isn't going quite as well as I might have hoped, but it's only 6, after all. So far I've done a little reading for my OMF paper, taken a nap in a Barriques chair, eaten Indian food (duh, it's Tuesday), met with Caroline, taken a nap on the 4th floor and written a page more of Shakespeare. Sigh. I hate the end of the semester.

I'm going to be 24 soon. Ick.

But it will be 74 and sunny when I arrive in DC on Friday. Joyous. And Justin's taking me for a birthday dinner while Con's in class! Double joyness. Now if I could just get two more pages of this paper done...

3 comments:

a said...

It's actually playing as I just read this. That's kinda freaky. Not yet to the weird talking part of which you write though. Here it comes... "As I lay down this guitar, I lay down the better part of me, the part that will never disappoint you or shun you with indifference." Or something like that.

Bix said...

That's because it's such a good song that it's a religion. Respect.

Incidentally, I am listening to a song I haven't listened to since high school, notably, Try Try Try by the Smashing Pumpkins. Oddly I think their softer stuff had aged more gracefully than the rest of it.

a said...

I'll be your stumbleine, I'll be your super queen.

That one does take me back, but I've listened to it many times since high school. Incidentally, Machina came out when I was a sophomore in college. :(